Every Holiday season Mary Kay puts out a new line of products to celebrate and this year is no different. I love the all but I’d like to highlight one thing in particular, a line of four bright and bold matte lipstick colors. According to the website this lipstick is, “The “It” lipstick inspired by the trendsetters of Milan.
• A velvety veil of pigment-packed color
• Created exclusively for Mary Kay.
• Available in four bold shades: Grazie, Violet; Orange Mio; Red Roma; and Puro Mirtillo”
I decided to try on all of the colors and give you guys my opinion.
I am in love with these matte lipsticks for so many reason. The main one is listed on the website. It is described as having a velvety veil and I would definitely have to agree. It is a creamy formula and does not go on dry like matte lipsticks can often do. My lips don’t feel like the dessert after putting these colors on. I also love these colors because it stays on through EVERYTHING! I have eaten, drank, been out all day, etc. and these colors are still on my lips! I rarely have to touch anything up when I have these on. The third thing I love is how pigmented they are. You don’t have to put a lot on to see the color so you also get your bang for your buck because the lipstick will last longer. And I can’t forget about the names of these colors! They are Milan inspired and just fun to say. And the bottle is more sleek than the other lipsticks from Mary Kay. My favorite color is Puro Mortillo. It is a very deep purple color and I am always in love with anything in that color scheme. It’s perfect for the upcoming seasons of fall and winter.
Tips and tricks
1. The color, orange mio, is beautiful on my darker skin but it can sort of blend in with my face. I would recommend using a darker lip liner to define the lips if you have darker skin.
2. As I mentioned before come rain or shine these colors will not come off your lips. And that also means when you take it off along with the rest of your makeup at night you might have some issues. What I use to quickly and easily take these colors off of Mary Kay’s Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. It is primarily used to help take off eye makeup as the name suggest but it also works on your lips as well. You just squirt a little onto a cotton ball and brush that over your lips and voila, the color comes off almost immediately.
These colors retail at $18 and can only be purchased from a Mary Kay beauty consultant. If you already have a consultant then please contact them, but if you do not have a consultant then you can order these colors from my website. If you live in the DC, Maryland, or Virginia area I would love to set up a time for you to try on these fun colors. Contact me for more info! Let me know what you guys think of these colors! Comment below with your opinions.