This past weekend I was honored to attend a makeup class taught by international makeup artist Juliana Mayfield. She has been in this business for over 10 years, has applied makeup to many stars, and is a pro at teaching makeup techniques as well! The class I was in is a Hooked Look class dedicated strictly to Mary Kay consultants and she only used our products. It was so informative! We had over three hours of intensive training. And we got to try out the techniques we learned while she went around the room making sure we got it right. I wanted to share a couple of tips I was taught.
Warm, Cool, Neutral?
A fun tip I learned is how to tell if your skin is warm, cool, or neutral. Knowing this information comes in handy because you then can best know which colors look best on you for fashion and makeup. You flip your wrist over and look at the big vein that goes down the middle. If the vein looks blue, you have a cool tone. If your vein is green, you have a warm tone. If it’s neither or in between, you have a neutral tone.
Where to cut eye lashes
If you buy some eye lashes and they’re too long because you have a smaller eye, cut the lashes from the inside. Lashes usually clad with some type of design and those are on the outside of the lash. If you cut it from the outside, you loose the design.
Although this particular class was just for Mary Kay consultants, she also teaches other classes as well. And can be hired to do makeup as well. I recommend checking out her videos on social media!
Click here to get to her Facebook page. All of her other sites are listed in there as well.
Here is a list of all the products I used on my face. If you’d like to purchase any of these and you don’t have a Mary Kay consultant, click here.
- Foundation primer
- Under eye corrector
- Endless Performance Creme to Powder Foundation – Bronze 3
- Perfecting concealer – Light bronze (highlight)
- TimeWise luminous-wear foundation – Bronze 8 (contour)
- Makeup finishing spray
- Translucent powder
- Mineral powder foundation – Bronze 4
- Chromafusion contour – Cocoa
- Illuminating drops
- Chromafusion highlighter – Honey Glow
- Precision brow liner – Dark brunette
- Volumizing brow tint – Dark brunette
- Cream eye color – Violet storm
- Chromafusion eye shadow – Frozen iris
- Chromafusion eye shadow – Merlot
- Chromafusion eye shadow – Hazelnut
- Chromafusion eye shadow – Candlelight
- Chromafusion blush – wineberry
- Lip liner – berry
- Lip tint – canyon coral
- Matte lipstick – Midnight red
- Nourishine lip gloss – Pink Luster
- Liquid eyeliner pen – MK black
- Lash intensity mascara
- (Fake lashes as well)
Have you ever attended a professional makeup class? What fun tips did you learn? Please comment below and share! Also, don’t forget to follow my blog by pressing the button at the bottom of the page.